This morning, 5/31, as Ron Smith posted,  I met up with Brian Ahearn and Ron on the north jetty at Ponce Inlet. The birds working the south jetty were too enticing, so at lunch I drove around to the New Smyrna Beach side of the Inlet. As Ron posted there was an Arctic Tern  and also  a Common Tern on the South Jetty by the time I got over there at about 1:30pm. As I was leaving and driving down the beach about  a mile back towards New Smyrna, a tern flew in front of my car and landed on the beach. It was a second summer Arctic Tern.  It  gave me a wonderful chance to really look at it until it took off along the beach.

Michael

Michael Brothers
marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet