Dear Colleagues,
Our new math center director had to leave us to follow a spouse.  We
have an active group of engaged tutors, a new facility and vital
presence in the Learning Commons area of our Library.  This position
teaches one course as an adjunct in the Math Department as well as
directs the Math Center under the Dean's Office.  10 months, exempt
staff position. Competitive salary.  See job description below.
Kathryn W. Sack, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Academic Resources
Washington College
Chestertown,MD 21620
410-778-7213

*ACADEMIC RESOURCES, DIRECTOR OF THE MATH CENTER*

Washington College seeks a full-time administrator for its Math Center.

If you have a Master's degree and a minimum of three years teaching
experience in math or developmental education in a higher education
environment plus experience with individual and group instruction, tutor
selection/training/supervision you are the person we seek for this
position.  In exceptional cases, a Bachelor's degree with years of
appropriate experience may be considered.

Ability to tutor students in college calculus and upper level math
courses, expected familiarity with educational support software in
mathematics.  Background and ability to teach and tutor in statistics is
a plus.  The Director, as part of this full-time ten-month
administrative position, serves as an exempt staff member of the
Academic Resources division of Academic Affairs with an adjunct
appointment in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
teaching one college calculus or upper level course per semester.  This
position is not tenure track.

Washington College, a nationally ranked college of the liberal arts and
sciences, is located on Maryland's Eastern Shore, has approximately
1,350 students (over 50% of them members of the National Honor Society),
and is within easy driving distance to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia,
and Baltimore.

 Qualified applicants should send cover letter outlining their related
experience, vita, and transcripts along with names, addresses, and
telephone numbers of at least three professional references to Ms.
Yvette Beck, Human Resources, Washington College, 500 Washington Avenue,
Chestertown, MD  21620.  Review of applicants will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.   The ideal candidate will be
available to begin August  or as soon as possible thereafter.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages
applications from women and members of minority groups.