-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elliott, Jeffrey M
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 4:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Movies

Well, it's Friday, and I'm feeling a little hairy, so why go the usual
route?  How about a montage of clips from movies that lampoon college
success?  Back to School, Real Genius, PCU, Dead Man on Campus -- these
are some of the movies on which some students base their perception of
college.  The perennial failure, the rampant cheating, the lifetime
student (there are even scenes in every one in which some student takes
another under his wing and "advises" him).  It might be interesting to
see some humorous examples then discuss what's missing (and why it seems
so easy to leave those things out).

Jeff Elliott
Director, Academic Success Center
Columbia State Community College