From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Debbie Cunningham
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Writing assessment

Laura--The EPE is published by ETS, not College Board.  Sorry for my error.

Debbie

Debbie Cunningham wrote:
> Laura--We have been using the English Placement Exam by College Board
> for several years with good placement outcomes.  We are mandated by
> the state coordinating board to use the Accuplacer (which I don't
> recommend for reading/writing placement), but have been supplementing
> with the EPE and have been getting better results with it.  It takes
> about 60 minutes to administer (including time for directions).  It
> has a multiple choice and a written section.
>
> Debbie
>
> Laura Nunnelly wrote:
>> We are doing a writing assessment for first-year freshman during our
>> orientation.  Does anyone have a good source or have a good writing
>> prompt?
>>
>> Thanks Laura Nunnelly
>>
>> Interim Director, TRiO--Academic Resource Center
>> Part-Time Associate Registrar
>> College of Santa Fe
>> 505.473.6447

>> web browser to

Debbie Cunningham
Interim Director
First Year Experience and Engagement
Adams State College
Alamosa, Colorado 81102
719-587-7657
800-824-6496 x7657
719-587-7366 (fax)

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter--MLK