  We used Plato and discontinued it because it was difficult for the students and teachers to use and it was expensive.  I visited with teachers at a variety of other school; they seemed to all say the same thing that if teachers did not keep using it after training, they forgot how to use it.  Plato also advertised to match to the ASVAB test for the military; it matched in name only—the content was not what was needed for review for that test. We use SkillsBank instead.
  Good luck

Jennifer Pippen <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Could you please post your answers to the list? My director asked the same question. Thanks,

Jenny

________________________________
Jenny Pippen
Assistant Director of Academic Support
North Central College
30 North Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540
630-637-5264

>>> Letitia Lunsford  6/27/2007 1:23 PM >>>
Hi,

My director has asked me to look into the pros and cons of Plato
Developmental Education Solutions and their Post-Secondary Content
Library.  If anyone has used or currently uses Plato Learning Network
please share your thoughts.  You can reply off list to [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Letitia Lunsford
Tutoring Center Coordinator
Danville Community College