Hello Kate,

At Adelphi University both the Nursing Department and the Learning Center use peer tutors to work with the nursing students.  I am able to hire Juniors and Seniors, with GPA's of over 3.5 to tutor the more difficult courses like Pharmacology.  The tutors work between 4 and 5 hours a week and are all recommended by the Nursing Department.  I pay them $10. to start and if they are Juniors who return as Seniors they are given an increase of $1.00 the following year.

Best,
Henrietta

Henrietta Pearlman
Director of the Learning Center