We have been using Page Publisher at the COM for some time now with good
success: http://interactivetools.com/products/pagepublisher/

You can isolate which portion of the page the user can edit, thus, they
cant "break" their pages. They now include it, but early on we modified
our version to include TinyMCE (a text area WYSIWYG editor), so the user
didn't have to know HTML.

Also, it's pretty affordable.

--
Carlos Morales