At DCE, we've been using a Word Press account hosted on the Word Press
site to post content that is pulled via RSS and injected into our
existing site. This allows us to add or edit content without needing to
delve into any sort of markup or code. For the record, the content Word
Press account is set to not be indexed by search engines.

You can see an example of this at http://www.dce.ufl.edu/news/. We use
this to publish small news bits and announcements related to DCE and its
programs and departments, but right now it's more of a test rather than
a fully operational feature. We hope to explore the possibility of
expanding its use by filtering content in different sections of the site
via tags so that we could use the same account for multiple purposes
such as information related to specific topics or areas (announcements
to UF community, news related to specific programs, departmental
announcements, etc.).

In summary, it's a relatively easy solution that doesn't involve setting
up a template or installing Word Press.

Kristian Serrano
Communications Coordinator
Division of Continuing Education