I arrived at the Tiki Bar and boat ramp at 5:45 this afternoon (Saturday, July 7).  A fellow birder came up and said the booby had just flown in.  It was standing on a white pipe railing (finger pier) on the far side of the basin and about 200 yards east of the boat ramp.  We could see the bird with binoculars but it took spotting scopes to see it well.  About half a dozen Brown Pelicans were also there.

DIRECTIONS - From I-95 travel east on County Road 528, go past the "Terminal A" exit and exit at the "Terminal B" exit (this will keep you on the south side of the basin).  After exiting you will curve left to a stop light, go to the next stop light (Flounder Dr.) and turn left.  In a block or so you will be at the top of the boat ramp.  Turn right (east) and drive to the far end of the parking area.  Look north across the basin and you will see the white pipe railing.

John W. Ault III
Lake City,  FL  32055

(386) 758-0525 day
(386) 752-6155 evening