Let me venture to say that most records managers got their base retention
schedule information from somewhere other than developing it themselves.
After all, why would we reinvent the wheel?  We pick and choose what is
relevant to our organization, then validate it and make it our own.

The same would be true of this resource.  It is up to us to validate the
information we pick up, then run it by our legal counsel.  If we do not do
this, then we are looking for trouble.

Our first step would be to inventory the "records" of our organization and
to properly define what those records are.  Once we know this, then we can
use this resource.

I see it as another good source to add to my "library".