Birded Merritt Island NWR today in hopes of locating some migrating shorebirds.  Hit Bio-lab Rd
and found 1 Spotted and 2 Least Sandpipers near the northern entrance.  Near the south entrance
where you drive along Mosquito Lagoon I spotted 30-35 Black Terns in assorted plummages,
including 2 nice adults in full breeding plummage.  Also along with the Blacks were 8 Least Terns.
After exiting Bio-Lab and heading west, back toward toll booth, I stopped at the 2nd pullout and
saw several Lesser Yellowlegs as well as 2 Pectoral and 1 Solitary Sandpipers.

Jim Eager
Cape Canaveral