I spent a couple of hours at the Springhill Road Sewage Treatment Plant this morning.  General impression is more peeps and fewer swallows.  Highlights:

Cattle Egret 16 (way down from last week)
Lesser Yellowlegs 20 (no greaters in sight)
Spotted Sandpiper 2 (and maybe 4)
Least Sandpiper 30
Semipalmated Sandpiper 10
Western Sandpiper 10
(these #s for peeps are estimates only.  There were mostly leasts, there were a few each of semipalms and westerns based on color of legs, shape of beak, and body coloration)
Pectoral Sandpipers (20+)  more than I've seen in a while
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1 only
Barn Swallow 1 only

I then drove down Apalachicola National Forest FR 300A slong the south side of the STP.  The road turns to the south along a powerline ROW.  This runs more or less parallel to the western side of Lake Munsen and there are 3 or 4 trails leading from the roadway to the lake.  There is a fair amount of loose sand and muck along the road, the trails are occasionally overgrown, and the banana spiders are starting to get kinda big.  Otherwise its a neat little piece of wilderness fairly close in.

Highlights:

Wood Duck 6 - females with full-sized juveniles
Red-shouldered Hawk - flying with very nice coloration
Limpkin - calling
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Pine Warbler 2
Summer Tanager 2
Blue Grossbeak

and the usual suspects.   Species count for the morning was 42.

Marvin Collins
Tallahassee