Hi Folks,
I birded Tall Timbers this morning.  I tallied over 40 species.  Many of the
breeding songbirds were either already gone or extremely quiet... so
diversity was on the low end.  However Gannet Pond now has two roosting
Black Bellied Whistling Ducks.  This is a first for me at TTRS and a
striking bird wherever you see them.  They were visible from the first dike
you encounter at the bottom of the nature trail.  Scan north towards the
island.  Thanks,
C.K. Borg
Tallahassee

PS
The bird window feeders are not being regularly maintained during the summer
but will be back up and running Come Labor Day.