Today I observed a Gray King Bird spit up what looked like a shell of a type of bug. Does anyone know anything about the feeding habits of the Gray King Bird? I've seen this happen before. I was fortunate enough to get pictures of it doing this. I also noticed that it is territorial like a mocking bird, and acts very similar. Another thing I noticed is that one of the King Birds I photographed has an orangish crown on the top of the head. I was able to see it as it was landing. I watched them feed for over an hour. They are quiet skillful in catching flying insects. That is one cool bird!

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla