I went to a public Open House on access for Off Road Vehicles in the Apalachicola National Forest last yesterday afternoon.  After a half hour or so of keeping a low profile in a crowd that didn''t seem to be composed of your basic tree huggers, I left to bird the nearby Williams Landing off Hwy 20 at Lake Talquin.  Eighteen species in a dusky half-hour wasn't bad.  Highlights:

Green Heron
Little Blue Heron 3
limpkin (observed)
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
Northern Parula (these guys are still abundant but very very quiet)