This morning we found four Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the "cut" on the Ft. Pickens Road (Santa Rosa Island, just west of Pensacola Beach). The foursome stayed and fed about 5-10 minutes, then took off. This is apparently an all-time state early date of arrival (Stevenson and Anderson). We also had 13 other species of shorebirds, mostly in ones and twos. Amongst those were two fly-by Whimbrels with a flock of Dowitchers (spp?), about 17 Snowy Plovers that bred there, one Piping Plover, a couple of Greater Yellowlegs fighting over territory in the ever-shrinking pool, and a few peeps.

Good birding,
Lucy and Bob Duncan
Gulf Breeze