The solid oxide fuel cells are pretty interesting, they basically
convert combustion directly into electricity.

Considering that hydrogen specific fuel cells basically do
hydrolysis in reverse, I wonder if SOFC's could be run in reverse
to make syngas.  It could be a more energy dense way to store
electricity from PVs or Wind.

On Sat Jul 28 23:13:28 EDT 2007, "Medina,Lidya C"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  "Biogas powered fuel cell wins award, attracts attention from
> Sweden"
>   Biopact, May 2007
>
> http://biopact.com/2007/05/biogas-powered-fuel-cell-wins-award.html
>
> Acumentrics Corporation, a leading developer of solid oxide fuel
> cells, developed fuel cells that can be fed carbon neutral biogas
> instead of hydrogen. This article examines the process of making
> the fuel cells, some applications and advantages. The combination
> of the efficiency of the fuel cells and the low carbon footprint
> and efficiency of biogas production makes this technology one of
> the cleanest and most efficient large-scale energy system
> currently in operation.

Best wishes,
---
Gabriel Espinosa