Today inside the controlled area of the Kennedy Space Center and the MNIWR I saw my first spring plumage Avocets. They were absolutely beautiful! Tons of other shore birds... Willets, Short-billed Dowicthers, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Western and Least Sandpipers, Sanderlings, and other stuff. All way out there. Even if I had a camera, I would'nt have gotten a picture of the 2 Avocets. Shore birds are really starting to move through now.

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.