Today, August 6, I started out with a walk in the neighborhood, and found a
Roseate Spoonbill kaffee-klatsching with an Osprey in a snag on Lemon Creek
in So. Englewood. A little later on, we took the boat out to Stump Pass, and
discovered that the nesting Green Heron on our canal is now a proud mama,
and was providing some much-needed shade with her wings. Once we reached the
Pass, we hit the jackpot - 9 Am. Avocets on the north flats between the ICW
and the Gulf. They took off to the east after a few minutes. There were lots
of wading birds out in the (very low) low tide today.

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood (Charlotte County)