I have observed Pelicans in our area on occasion, particularly crossing from Oldsmar through the Boot Ranch area towards the shore.  I have friends in the Eagles subdivision in Oldsmar who have spotted them in that location as well.  This evening in Oldsmar I was traveling west on Tampa Road about 1/4 of a mile west of Forrest Lakes Blvd.  On the north side of the road was a ditch running north.  It was filled with water because of our heavy rains this week.  Along the ditch a Great White Egret was feeding.  About 3 feet further a Pelican, which I checked with my binoculars, sat on the ground and was feeding in the same manner as the egret.  I really couldn't believe my eyes.  Is this possible?

More from North Pinellas.  Early afternoon -  2 Swallow Tailed Kites.  One near East Lake Road in the neighborhood of Grey Oaks not far from Trinity Blvd.  One flying over Tarpon Woods at East Lake and Tarpon Woods Blvd.

Barb Walker
Palm Harbor, FL