Kenn Allie and I spent a warm but fruitfull morning at the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge.  We covered Blackpoint Drive, Biolab Road and Shiloh Marsh for a total of 16 shorebird species, 66 total species (including 48 Spoonbills).  The water is high at most locations and you have to work to find the birds. There was nothing at the pumphouse.  On Blackpoint the birds were mainly in the flats just south of the new observation platform.  At Biolab the birds were located on the first mile from the south (seashore) entrance.  On Shiloh most of the birds were found scattered on the river side of the road. Shorebirds seen:

Willet
Greater Yellowlegs (at all 3 locations, especially on Biolab)
Lesser Yellowlegs (at all 3 locations, especially on Biolab)
Black-necked Stilt (1on Shiloh)
Solitary Sandpiper (2 on Shiloh)
Spotted Sandpiper (several on Biolab and Shiloh)
Rudy Turnstone ( Biolab)
Sanderling (4 on Shiloh)
Pectoral Sandpiper (1 on Biolab and 3 on Shiloh)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (1 on Blackpoint and several on Shiloh)
Western Sandpiper (1 on Shiloh)
Least Sandpiper (Many at all 3 locations)
Short-billed Dowitcher (several on Blackpoint)
Black-bellied Plover (1 on Blackpoint)
Killdeer (a few at all 3 locations)
Semipalmated Plover (many at all 3 locations)

ROY BOOK
Indialantic, FL