Hi all,

Chipping sparrows are a rare and local (former?) breeding species in
the panhandle of Florida.  During the Florida BBA (1986-91) Chipping
sparrows were not confirmed breeding.  Possible evidence was
collected in eight blocks and probable evidence was obtained in
southern Liberty County.  I have never found this species breeding in
Florida during my occasional summer forays into the panhandle.  I
don't know the distribution and abundance in Gerogia or Alabama.

It is possible that this bird was a post breeding wanderer from a
nearby breeding area rather than a true migrant.

David Simpson