Hey Everybirdy,

  Ran through Biolab and Blackpoint Drive tis afternoon after work today.

  On my way to the Refuge I always like to take a peek along the causeway
between Cape Canaveral and the Space Center (restricted area, no public access),
as it can be an indicator of things I might find elsewhere.  There's been a
steady rise in the appearance of Short-billed Dowitchers, Sanderlings, Ruddy
Turnstones and Semipalmated Plovers along the causeway, with smaller numbers of
Least Sandpipers and an occassional Semiplamated Sandpiper.

  Onto Biolab Road. I drove it from south to north to hit the "exit
straightaway" first.  The Glossy and White ibis work this area steadily as do the other
waders.  Yellowlegs (both) are the only apparent shorebirds along this
stretch.  A photographer has been sloshing through the marsh grasses out there
several times in the past couple of weeks leaving tracks and pretty much insuring
the more skittish birds to seek refuge elsewhere.
  Out along the Mosquito Lagoon was a nice flock of about 2 dozen
Semipalmated Plovers with a few scattered Spotted, Semipalmated and Least Sandpipers.
Royal Terns, Forster's and a handful of Least Terns present as well.

  Blackpoint is pretty quiet.  Stop 4 held the most activity.  Several
dowitchers, Willets, Semipalmated Plovers and other peeps as well as a large mixed
flock of terns and skimmers way out.  Appears to be several Black Terns still
around as well.

  Took a peek behing Pumphouse.  24+ Semipalmated Plovers in both
impoundments on the left hand side.  Mixed terns about 150 yards off the dike road,
mostly Royal and Forster's it seems.
  And in case you haven't stepped outside lately.....man, it's hot out there!

Tom J. Dunkerton
Titusville, Florida