Actually, I found being both an advisor and the tutoring coordinator to
be very helpful.  You are able to really address the impact of tutoring
on the entire academic picture and I also found it helpful in advising
the tutoring staff.

>>> "Jennifer Hicks" <[log in to unmask]> 8/29/2007 12:20 PM >>>
I am currently the coordinator for the Tutorial Center at Georgia
Highlands College, but recently have been assigned advising duties.  I
will be responsible for advising students who have been placed on
Academic Warning. These students will be required to come to me before
they can register for the next semester.   I am currently undergoing
training for advisement, but was wondering if any of you also have
advising duties as well as tutorial duties, and also what your feeling
are about doing both.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer Hicks

Tutorial Center

Rome Campus

Georgia Highlands College