Dear Colleagues:

The National Center for Developmental Education (NCDE) would like to invite
you to the 4th International Conference on Research in Access and
Developmental Education.  The 2008 conference will be held September 24-27,
2008 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The NCDE encourages you to take advantage of this multicultural opportunity
for professional development:
- Learn about the latest and most important research in the field of
developmental education and learning assistance.
- Participate in the dialog between researchers and practitioners.
- Network and brainstorm with leading figures in developmental education and
learning assistance from programs across the US, Europe and the Caribbean.
- Visit developmental programs at Puerto Rican universities.

We hope those of you who are engaged in developmental education research
consider submitting a proposal. A Call for Proposals and registration
information is accessible on the Research Conference Website
(http://www.ncde.appstate.edu/researchconf3.htm)

We also encourage you to use the NCDE's website
(http://www.ncde.appstate.edu/) as a resource for the latest
research on developmental education.  Please let us know if you have any
questions or there is some way we can assist you.  We value your support.

Sincerely,

National Center for Developmental Education
Appalachian State University
Reich College of Education
ASU Box 32098
Boone, North Carolina 28608-2098

Conference Registrar: [log in to unmask]
Phone (828) 262-3057
Fax (828) 262-7183