-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol McPhillips
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ESL use of electronic dictionary

We have very demanding allied health departments (physical therapy and
physician's assistant) who are in need of guidance about support to a
student with English as a Second Language. Now in his third year, the
student is asking to be able to use an electronic dictionary which
provides Japanese to English translation.
Has anyone worked with students using this tool?
Is this allowed during testing?
Is it allowed during licensure testing?
Thank you,
Carol

Carol McPhillips
Coordinator, The Learning Center
Daemen College
(716) 839-8443
Fax: (716) 839-8516

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. The
documents accompanying this transmission may contain confidential health information that is
legally privileged. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from
disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or
regulations and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been
fulfilled.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify us and delete the original message. Thank you.