-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Panitz, Theodore
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Successful developmental math programs report

Hi Listers,

    I am resending out the web site that has my report from my Spring
2007 sabbatical where I investigated successful developmental math
programs around the country. I sent this out at the end of the Spring
semester which is a pretty hectic time so I thought I would resend it
now that everyone is back to work and fully focused.

    I think you will find quite a few interesting approaches to
improving retention and success in DE math courses at all levels.

    One particularly interesting thing I discovered was that DE math is
not just for community colleges any more. Everyone is struggling with an
increasing number of under prepared students, especially in math.

    If you have trouble getting to sleep at night this would be a good
document to keep by your bedside.

http://www.capecod.edu/faculty/tpanitz/sabbat.pdf

Regards,
Ted