Hi, Moses,

National Annenberg Election Survey (NAES)
http://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/ProjectDetails.aspx?myId=1
Find references to surveys and key survey personnel on this page.

Also try Diana Mutz's new book, Hearing the Other Side: Deliberative
versus Participatory Democracy (Cambridge University Press, 2006).

Mutz (Annenberg School for Communication & Department of Political
Science, University of Pennsylvania) set out to use, e.g., social
network aspects of election surveys including the 1992 CNEP, American
National Election Survey (2000) and University of Wisconsin-Madison
Survey Research Center's study (1996) to try to "document empirically
some of the unsubstantiated benefits of politically diverse social
networks," but her findings "challenged some of the more basic,
fundamental assumptions in theories of deliberative and participatory
democracy" (2006 p. 15). She differentiates among "social and
political environments conducive to diverse political networks"
versus those that promote political participation (17).

Reviews:
Page, Benjamin I. Political Science Quarterly, Fall 2007, pp. 501-502
By: Leighley, Jan E.. Political Psychology, Aug2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4,
p499-501
Garcelon, Marc. American Journal of Sociology, Jul2007, Vol. 113
Issue 1, p290-292
McClurg, Scott D.. Public Opinion Quarterly, Summer2007, Vol. 71
Issue 2, p312-314
Gastil, John. Journal of Communication, Mar2007, Vol. 57 Issue 1,
p174-175

Susan Haas
Doctoral Candidate