This author assumes that "they" can see while "we" cannot.  Two-way
transparency is well-examined in David Brin's "The Transparent
Society."  (Brin's new short story is all about "smart mobs" in fact).

Surveillance is countered by sousveillance.  New technology does not
aid all players equally, but it isn't nearly so one-sided as his post
attempts to make it.

-Paul

On 9/1/07, Valdis Krebs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Here is an extreme view of SNA, and it's power.  Unfortunately this
> is not a lone voice.  I have encountered several similar views over
> the past year.
>
> What's next?  A Hollywood movie with SNA as the evil technology?  An
> episode of "24"?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/37baon
>
> INSNA may need to get a PR person...  ;-)
>
> Valdis

http://www.PaulBHartzog.org
http://www.panarchy.com
The Universe is made up of stories, not atoms.
                 --Muriel Rukeyser

See differently, then you will act differently.
                 --Paul B. Hartzog