Hi,

I am working on a project that looks at the factors affecting partner
selection in a multi-partner alliance.  As a start I'd like to find a
workable approach for the formation of triads.

My data set comprises 3-party alliances formed over 10 years between 87
firms. The conventional approach would call for the calculation of the
corresponding risk set (all 3-party alliances that could have formed).  Now
this would mean 87*86*85*10/6 = a painfully large number.

I have been looking at matched samples but I wanted to ask whether anybody
out there has tackled a similar problem successfully.  Any help is greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,

Ralph

Ralph A. Heidl