Hi all

Below is a posting I have made to a monitoring and evaluation email list, re
the use of peer review processes. There is an interesting network design
issue here, I think. How to identify who should participate in a peer
review, in such a way that learning between all peers is maximised but
interaction costs are minimised (i.e. we cant afford everyone talking to
everyone). Is it as simple as having a lot of local connections and a few
distant connections, or is it more complex / less straightforward?

regards, rick davies, jakarta

-------------------------
Hi all

Can anyone help me with references to documents that describe or evaluate
the use of peer review processes to evaluate development aid programs? And
the structures and supporting processes that are needed to make such peer
review processes work well....

I am currently involved in an evaluation of two health programs in
Indonesia, and the process has an element of peer review. I have been
wondering if a (more intentional) assisted peer review process might be an
interesting option between external evaluation and self-evaluation.

regards, rick davies

--
Rick Davies (Dr), Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant, Cambridge, United
Kingdom.