Talmud, I. (1994). ‘‘Relations and profits: Imperfect competition and its
outcome,’’ Social Science
Research 23, 109–135.

Talmud, I. (1992). ‘‘Industry market power, industry political power, and
 state support: The case of
israeli industry,’’ in Research in Politics and Society, (G. Moore and J.
A. Whitt, Eds.), Vol. 4, pp.
35–62, JAI Press, CT.
 Ilan Talmud and Gustavo S. Mesh (1997), "Market Organization and
Corporate  Research 21, 406–418.Instability: The Ecology of
Inter-Industrial Networks", Social Science Research 26:
419-441.[Re-printed in Work and Organizations in Israel (2004), I. Harpaz
and I. Samuel (eds.),
Transaction Books
Han, S.-K. (1992), ‘‘Churning firms in stable markets,’’ Social Science
Research 21, 406–418.

Burt, R. S. (1982). Toward A Structural Theory of Action: Network Models
 of Social Structure,
Perception and Action, Academic Press, New York.
Burt, R. S. (1983a). Corporate Profits and Cooptation, Academic Press, New
York.

Burt, R. S. (1988). ‘‘The Stability of the American Markets,’’ American
Journal of Sociology 94,
356–95.
Burt, R. S. (1992). Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition,
Harvard Univ. Press,
Cambridge, MA.
Burt, R. S. and Carlton, D. (1989). ‘‘Another look at the network
boundaries of American markets,’’
American Journal of Sociology 95, 723–753.

> Dear SocNetters,
>
> please find below a list of the answers I got to my question about "social
> networks and firms performance"
>
> thanks again
> Best
> FB
>

> -	website of www.zenc.nl You can find a prensentation on network size ; a
> mixed blessing and more information about organization performance and
> networking. (Dennis Havermans);
>
> -	You might check out Lisa Keister's work on buisness group networks and
> performance in
> China. ASR a few years back, plus a book. (James Moody)
>
> -	Issue crawler might be of some use for you.
> http://www.govcom.org/scenarios_use.html (Zinayida Petrushyna)
>
> -	Oerlemans, L.A.G.; Meeus, M.T.H.; Boekema, F.W.M.:
> Do networks matter for innovation? The usefulness of the economic network
> approach in analyzing innovation.
> In: Journal of Economic and Social Geography, 1998, 89/3, pp. 298-309.
>
> - Oerlemans, L.A.G. & Meeus, M.T.H.:
> Do Organizational and Spatial Proximity Impact of Firm Performance.
> In: Regional Studies, 39(1), 88-104, 2005.
>
> - Oerlemans, L.A.G., Pretorius, M.W.:
> Determinants of Innovation in South Africa. An Exploratory Analysis using
> Firm-Level Data.
> In: South African Journal of Science, 102(11/12), 589-593, 2006.
> (Leon Oerlemans)
>
> -	Yuna Chiffoleau sent me an interesting paper (mail him/her to get it:
>
> -	Echols, A., & Tsai, W. (2005).  Niche and Performance: The Moderating
> Effect of Network Embeddedness, Strategic Management Journal, 26(3),
> 219-238. (Ann Echols)
>
> -	Varda, Danielle Vogenbeck sent me an interesting paper (mail him/her to
> get it:  [log in to unmask]);

> Filippo Barbera
> Department of Social Sciences
> University of Turin
> Via S. Ottavio 50
> 10124 Turin (Italy)
> tel. ++39 011 6702641
> mobile ++39 338 2997966

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,\
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4--8240992 (direct)
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)
Fax: 972-4-8240819