filippo,

   i don't know if it would broadly be characterized as being about social
networks and performance, but you might also look at a bunch of stuff by
Joel Podolny and Toby Stuart on organizations, networks, status,
technology, & performance.  they've (together & separately) written quite
a bit about such, too many things for me to cite quickly!

   i also think of Ron Burt's work from the 80s as being about networks &
performance, though i imagine you may already be familiar with it.

good luck!

- chris

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Dear SocNetters,
>
> please find below a list of the answers I got to my question about
> "social networks and firms performance"
>
> thanks again
> Best
> FB
>

> -	website of www.zenc.nl You can find a prensentation on network size ; a mixed blessing and more information about organization performance and networking. (Dennis Havermans);
>
> -	You might check out Lisa Keister's work on buisness group networks and performance in
> China. ASR a few years back, plus a book. (James Moody)
>
> -	Issue crawler might be of some use for you. http://www.govcom.org/scenarios_use.html (Zinayida Petrushyna)
>
> -	Oerlemans, L.A.G.; Meeus, M.T.H.; Boekema, F.W.M.:
> Do networks matter for innovation? The usefulness of the economic network
> approach in analyzing innovation.
> In: Journal of Economic and Social Geography, 1998, 89/3, pp. 298-309.
>
> - Oerlemans, L.A.G. & Meeus, M.T.H.:
> Do Organizational and Spatial Proximity Impact of Firm Performance.
> In: Regional Studies, 39(1), 88-104, 2005.
>
> - Oerlemans, L.A.G., Pretorius, M.W.:
> Determinants of Innovation in South Africa. An Exploratory Analysis using
> Firm-Level Data.
> In: South African Journal of Science, 102(11/12), 589-593, 2006.
> (Leon Oerlemans)
>
> -	Yuna Chiffoleau sent me an interesting paper (mail him/her to get it: [log in to unmask]);
>
> -	Echols, A., & Tsai, W. (2005).  Niche and Performance: The Moderating Effect of Network Embeddedness, Strategic Management Journal, 26(3), 219-238. (Ann Echols)
>
> -	Varda, Danielle Vogenbeck sent me an interesting paper (mail him/her to get it:  [log in to unmask]);

> Filippo Barbera
> Department of Social Sciences
> University of Turin
> Via S. Ottavio 50