This morning many birders looked for the Baird's and Buff-breasted
Sandpiper, no one found them as far as I know.  The only change is that
we had rain yesterday, it has been extremely dry, dusty and hot.  Now
the fields are damp and not dusty, I don't know why this would make a
difference as far as the birds are concerned.  Perhaps later today the
birds will show up.  There were only a half dozen or so Pectoral
Sandpipers, many less then the previous week.

At Lucky Hammock I had a "singing" Alder Flycatcher with calls mixed in,
you can here my recording of it here:
http://www.southfloridabirding.com/html/recent_rarities..htm

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL