At lunch today I went by Sugar Mill Gardes in Port Orange, Volusia County.  The live oaks were alive with warblers. Between a 1 hour dawn foray over to Lake Woodruff NWR and lunch at Sugar Mill I found 14 species (or 15 types, if you include the Brewster's) of warblers and one Veery.

Of special note was a spectacular "Brewster's" Warbler. I was in the forested area on the east side of the park, when I found a load of warbler activity. I pished a huge group in that included a great look from 25 feet at a "Brewster's" Warbler. It showed of a bright yellow cap, completely white underparts, yellow wing bars and a crisp black line from the bill through the lores and slightly behind the eye.  I was able to get many incredible looks as it foraged to within 25 feet.

Also in the group was a:
Veery
Golden-winged Warbler
Worm-eating Warber
Chestnut-sided Wabler
American Redstart
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Cape May Warbler

Also:
loads of tufted titmice, Great Crested Flycatcher, 5 Red-eyed Vireos, and lots of cardinals.

and at Lake Woodruff NWR:
Prothonotary Warbler
Northern Waterthrush 7
Pine Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Common Yellowthroat

I may need to go back by on the way home tonight!

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet