Hi everyone, I'm Chris  Ruiz-Gardner, I live in Las Vegas and go to school at
Loyola University-  New Orleans.  I took a trip with my family to Florida and
stayed in Weston  from August 17th to the 23rd.  I know I'm writing a few
weeks late, but  school just started and I've been busy with that.  It took me
awhile to  compile all my lists and put up pictures on the internet so all of
you could  see.  I traveled to the Everglades- Shark Valley, Flamingo and
Anhinga  Trail, around Miami, and down to the Keys.  We were going to go to Dry
Tortugas but the waves were too high because of Hurricane Dean, so hopefully I
can come back sometime.  The pictures are located on my webshots account  under
Florida birds, _http://community.webshots.com/user/LHShrikeBoy_
(http://community.webshots.com/user/LHShrikeBoy) .   All the pictures should have the place
and date where I saw the bird in the  description below each picture.  I
couldn't get a picture of every bird I  saw, so I'll write a quick list of some
birds I saw.

Everglades- (Anhinga  Trail/Gumbo Limbo Trail)- Anhinga, Black-whiskered
Vireo, Black-and-white  Warbler, Northern Parula
Everglades-  (Flamingo/Mahogany Hammock)- Gray Kingbird, Osprey, White
Pelican, White-eyed  Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Belted Kingfisher
Homestead- White-winged  Dove, Eurasian-collared Dove, Common Myna
Key Largo- Magnificent  Frigatebird, Prairie Warbler, Gray Kingbird
Key West- (Fort Zachary  Taylor/Indigenous Park, Little Hamaca City Park)-
Ruddy Turnstone, Dunlin, Royal  Tern, Sandwich Tern, White-tailed Kite,
White-crowned Pigeon, Common  Ground-Dove, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Eastern Kingbird,
Gray Kingbird, Northern  Parula,Yellow-throated Warbler, Prairie Warbler,
Hooded Warbler, Black-and-white  Warbler, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Louisiana
Waterthrush, Blue-gray  Gnatcatcher
Everglades- (Shark  Valley/Loop Drive)- Red-shouldered Hawk, Short-tailed
Hawk, Snail Kite, Northern  Flicker, Eastern Bluebird
John Lloyd Beach State  Park & Markham County State Park- Cooper's Hawk, Monk
Parakeet,  Common Ground-Dove, Purple Swamphen, Loggerhead Shrike

Thank you for letting me share  this with you and hope to come back to
wonderful Florida again soon.  Any  comments or questions are welcome.

Chris Ruiz-Gardner
New Orleans-  Loyola