Ed Woodruff and I birded SMNWR yesterday.  This is a part of an ongoing semi-regular shorebird survey that I've been doing over the past several months, so that was our focus.  Birds of interest included:

Yellow-crowned Night Heron - 1 adult 2 imm on the Cedar Point Trail (near the main boat landing)
Wood Stork - a large number have been hanging out in the diminishing Headquarters Pond
Roseate Spoonbill - 6 also in HQ Pond
Blue-winged Teal - Probably well over a couple hundred.  Some similar but smaller ducks mixed in which I assume are green wings.  Everybody seems to be in eclipse plumage (or female)
Bald Eagle - one adult
Purple Gallinule - one immature at the twin dikes (Florida Trail crossing)
American Oystercatcher - 6 a Lighthouse Pond
American Avocet - 3 on the far east side of Mounds Pool 1 (MP1)
Marbled Godwit - 17 scattered over the pools
Whimbrel - 2 in Stoney Bayou 1 (SB1)
Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs - I got 47 and 3, respectively
Spotted Sandpiper - 3 in MP1
Western and Least Sandpipers - very roughly 30 and 50, respectively.  I could be missing some (or a lot of) Semipalms.
Common Tern - one stood out from a bunch of Forster's
Black Skimmer - Lots at Lighthouse Pond
Acadian Flycatcher - a couple heard near the twin bridges
Northern Parula - these guys are still singing their littel heads off, I guess they are getting territorial again during migration
Northern Waterthrush - one along the marsh bayward of the Lighthouse Pool.  Relatively thin yellowish supercillium.
Total species 60

Marvin Collins
Tallahassee