Hello, All.

Things are really picking up in the interior. We
processed 39 birds before 10 AM today as opposed to
the 23 last week in the same time frame. Birds began
calling well before dawn.

Veerys ruled the day (most I can recall in a single
morning) but we also had a number of notable migrants.
I wanted blue and golds. I left happy.

Our FOTS Black-throated Blue Warbler came late in the
day but we also had some local birds, like the juv.
White-eyed Vireo and an adult male Cardinal.

Trying to decide on Bird of the Day which was first
won by the male Hooded Warbler (a younger male was
caught later on) but I believe was easily trumped by
the gorgeous male Prothonotary Warbler, a rare visitor
to this part of the park.

Next week we go for 50!

I was hoping to have the Wekiva site updated by now
but they had a problem hooking up the broadband. Gee,
when I was a tech guy we brought spare parts. Guess
that doesn't happen anymore...

I will send out a quick note when it is available in
case anyone want to see some other photos.

Birds banded:

Veery
Brown thrasher
Ovenbird
American Redstart
Hooded Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Northern Parula
Northern Cardinal
Carolina Chickadee
White-eyed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo

Other birds seen/heard:

Barred Owl
Whip-poor-will
Eastern Towhee
Downy Woodpecker
PIleated Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker (3 stay close to the banding
table)
Red-shouldered Hawk
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Pine Warbler

By the way, anyone seeing any Ring-necked Ducks
anywhere in the state. Mine seem to be over a week
late.

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL