After running around for 12 hours doing the Fall
Migration Census on Saturday, I decided to just sit in
a chair in my driveway for a couple of hours and watch
to see what the NE wind would bring in on Sunday.  Not
a real lot but a most impressive kettle of Common
Nighthawks, I guesstimate 40-50+, circled over my
house.  A few minutes later a smaller flock of Great
Blue Herons passed over, 8, all heading SW.  Also had
2 Sharp-shinned Hawks blow by. A small group of
Chimney Swifts later passed over.  I am not seeing a
lot of warblers here yet but did have a Prairie in my
oak tree (along with my 4 Baltimore Orioles again
today) and a couple of Red-eyed Vireos.  I also have 3
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at the feeders on a regular
basis.

Tomoka State Park is starting to show more variety of
birds now with Magnolias, Pine, Prairie, Parula,
Ovenbirds, Yellow-throated (I found 8 yesterday)
Common Yellowthroats and Palm Warblers.  Lots of
Red-eyed Vireos around and one lone Yellow-throated
Vireo.
TSP is not a Wekiva or a Fort DeSoto but there are
good birds there if you look for them.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL