Hey everyone,

I actually had a free Saturday morning to bird with Bruce Anderson and company this morning at Mead Gardens.  We didn't find anything RBA-worthy, but the 10 of us there all had an enjoyable morning:

Wood Duck
Great Egret
Green Heron
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle (1)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Barred Owl
Common Nighthawk (2)
Chimney Swift
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (2-3)
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Pewee (3)
Great Crested Flycatcher (2)
Eastern Kingbird (4)
White-Eyed Vireo (2)
Red-Eyed Vireo (lots)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher (lots)
Veery (2)
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Northern Parula (2)
Blackburnian Warbler (1, beautiful male)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (3)
Prairie Warbler (1)
Black-and-White Warbler (1)
American Redstart (1)
Northern Waterthrush (1)
Common Yellowthroat (3)
Summer Tanager (1)
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle

Mead Gardens is located east of 17/92 and south of Orange Ave. in Winter Park, Orange County.

Good birding!

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.