From: David La Puma <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:19:37 PM
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Birds and weather over Florida

The low pressure system causing all the precipitation and variable winds
across the state could mean good birding conditions for some locations. The
Jacksonville radar was showing heavy migration just after sunset, but the
flow of birds is currently being shut down by heavy showers and
thunderstorms. This could lead to local fallout conditions wherever the
heavy precipitation is taking place. The panhandle shows birds launching
into the Gulf, while the west coast radar is showing birds moving south
along the coast. Over southeast Florida, where winds are out of the
northwest, birds are moving at lower densities, yet toward the east coast,
which usually means good birding conditions for east coast migrant traps as
birds overshoot the coast and have to correct themselves come morning. It's
still very early in the night, so check the radar loop in the AM to see how
it all plays out.

Good Birding

David

http://badbirdz2.wordpress.com

David A. La Puma
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Ecology, Evolution, & Natural Resources
Plant Physiology Building
1 College Farm Road
Rutgers University
New Brunswick, NJ  08901-1582

"most policies are really questions masquerading as answers"  (L. Gunderson)

email 1: [log in to unmask]
email 2: [log in to unmask]

websites:
http://www.woodcreeper.com