Folks,

Prof. Richard Smith, Bill Richards' colleague at the Dept of
Communication, Simon Fraser University, was kind enough to send me this
note about how Bill died.

He gave permission to share with you.

I don't recall a similar note to the list before.

I do know that suitable memorials are being planned for Bill at the
Sunbelt.

 Barry Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Centre for Urban & Community Studies           University of Toronto
  455 Spadina Avenue          Room 418          Toronto Canada M5S 2G8
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-7162
  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php
         Elvis wouldn't be singing "Return to Sender" these days