Hi Y'all-

Save the date & come south for the Winter!

What: ASA Sociological Methods Section Midwinter Meeting
Where: Duke University
When: Sat., Feb 23rd 2008.

The mid-winter methodology meeting will be held at Duke University on Saturday, Feb. 23rd.
(We'll likely also have a light reception Friday evening).  So, If you have work you'd like to
share, please send me (James Moody: [log in to unmask]) an email with an abstract
& title.    There is no registration fee, but it would be very helpful for planning if you'd email
me and let me know if you plan on attending (even if you don't plan on presenting).

I am hoping to have at least one or two sessions that relate to methodological challenges
related to global health research, so if you are working in that area it'd be particularly great to
hear from you.

Also, we have funding for 5 graduate travel fellowships to provide $500 to help defray the
costs of traveling/staying at the meetings  (I'd include post-docs here too).  If you're
interested in applying for one of these fellowships, please email me a CV and a 1 page
summary of why attending would be useful for you.  Graduate Fellows will be expected to
share their work with either a poster or a presentation, so please indicate what you would
prefer in your letter.

Please let me know if you have questions, & feel free to share this email with anyone you
think would be interested.

Best,
Jim

James Moody