Hey Everybirdy,

  A leisurely drive through parts of the Refuge in celebration of  Turkey Day
was rather enjoyable.  And if Thanksgiving was this nice. then,  boy, I can't
wait to see what I find on x-mas!!

  A Peregrine on the dead snags just past the train tracks on SR  406 headed
toward Blackpoint.
  Blackpoint was a steady flow of activity.  Already more  american Wigeon
out there than I remember seeing all last season.
  PLenty of Pintails between stop2 2 and 4.  Stop 4 had  a myriad of
shorebirds.  Did a quick scan of the usual  suspects.
  Waders in some tight feeding flocks here and there, including  many
Spoonbills.

  I entered Biolab Rd via the National Seashore entrance  road.  Not much
along the straighaway-yellowlegs and a Cooper's hawk.   Flushed a Sharp-shinned
off the wooded area just before i reached the  lagoon.
  As you travel north along the lagoon and come to the "S" curve,  looking
out from atop the culvert beneath the road were 4 Black-bellied Plovers  and one
curious looking plover-dark cap, rather bright supercilium-  got  out to
scope and they flushed-  yep, dark rump too as I suspected it would  have.
American Golden Plover!
  Rode up to just south of where they landed to get a better  view.  Was on
the phone with a friend to tell him what I was looking at and  had to hang up
because, as I spoke, the Golden Plover left the crowd and  fluttered down right
in front of me!!  "gotta go" , said I!   lol

  Was treated to viewing a family of 3 Bobcats meandering along  the road as
I was leaving.
  Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

See you out there!

Tom Dunkerton