While surveying in a private area today I found a LeConte's Sparrow. Only my
second in Mid Pinellas.

It has been difficult finding some species in Mid Pinellas such as Hermit
Thrush, Ovenbird, Black and White, Blue-headed Vireo, Savannah Sparrow.  I
hope we get more fronts to bring us more birds before the CBC.

I had 3 American Bittern at one location so that species might be easier to
find this year.  Goldfinch are being heard on most trips.   Pine Warblers
numbers have been very low so far.

Yesterday, while filling my bird bath, I looked up to discover a
Red-shouldered Hawk feeding on a fruit rat.  One less to have to trap.

Judy

Judy Fisher
Seminole, Fl