Sorry for the late post, I did not have access to a computer yesterday.

Yesterday, 11/26, at sunset I found six scoters floating in the Halifax River in Ormond Beach, Volusia County. There were five Surf Scoters, (one immature male and four females), and one female Black Scoter. They were all swimming together with one lone male Lesser Scaup.

Also in the area was one Common Loon and one Horned Grebe.

The birds were located off of Beach Street in Ormond Beach, right at the beginning of Tomoka State Park.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet