Hey everyone,

Chris Newton and I headed out again today.  We first hit Viera early for the Cinnamon Teal.  Then we went to the other two spots.  The day's list was decent.  All ducks were spotted at Viera:

Black-Bellied Whistling-Duck (10)
Mottled Duck (15)
Blue-Winged Teal (1500, a conservative estimate.  While we were there 300-400 took off and never came back)
Cinnamon Teal (1, a state bird for both Chris and I.  Chris finally spotted it after a couple of hours of careful searching.  It was in Cell 3)
Northern Shoveler (5)
Northern Pintail (5)
Green-Winged Teal (50 or so)
Ring-Necked Duck (20)
Lesser Scaup (2)
Hooded Merganser (15)
Ruddy Duck (8)
Pied-Billed Grebe
Double-Crested Cormorant
Anhinga
American Bittern (2, Viera)
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
Cattle Egret
Geen Heron
Black-Crowned Night-Heron (4, Viera)
White Ibis
Glossy Ibis
Wood Stork
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Crested Caracara (3, Joe Overstreet)
American Kestrel
King Rail (heard only at Viera)
Common Moorhen
American Coot
Limpkin (3, Viera)
Sandhill Crane
Whooping Crane (2, Joe Overstreet)
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Least Sandpiper
Long-Billed Dowitcher
Wilson's Snipe
Ring-Billed Gull
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Loggerhead Shrike
American Crow
Fish Crow
Tree Swallow
Carolina Chickadee (2, Three Lakes)
Brown-Headed Nuthatch (Three Lakes)
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird (Three Lakes, Joe Overstreet)
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
American Pipit (about 50 birds in a field with cows, Killdeer and a caracara on the left when you're headed towards the lake on Joe Overstreet)
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
Eastern Towhee
Savannah Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark
Common Grackle
Boat-Tailed Grackle
American Goldfinch

Misses today included Snail Kite, Red-Cockaded Woodpecker, and Blue Jay (!).

Viera Wetlands is located NW of Melbourne in Brevard County.  Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area and Joe Overstreet Road are near each other, south of St. Cloud in Osceola County.

Good birding!

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.