This message (below) was sent to Irene off-list and she responded by suggesting that I post the observation on the listserve. Another aspect I failed to mention would be a high intolerance for two, same-sex, peregrines to perch so close together at a winter site. Given our observations of an adult pair together here last winter and now this pair, would seem to reflect, well established and healthy, peregrine populations across the country. There may be little information in the literature concerning adult pairs migrating and wintering together at the same site. Last winter's pair here in Fernandina defended their winter territory together and were seen driving a juvenile female from their favored haunts.

What would be most interesting to learn is, if and how, a wintering pair might hunt cooperatively (and or) if the male would occasionally provide for the female. Previously, it was speculated that highly evolved raptors like peregrines occupied different wintering habitats due to their sexual dimorphism, related disparities in flight behavior and adaptation for taking different sized prey - heavier wing-loaded females taking larger prey and the smaller, more agile, males taking smaller prey.

"Irene: Those would appear to be a pair. Adult female above and adult male
below. Note the male has a broader malar stripe on a smaller, more rounded
head. If and when they fly or perch together, their sexual dimorphism will
become rather apparent. We had a pair here last winter, but their favorite
roost site was occupied by nesting Great Horned Owls and the birds
disappeared in mid-winter and were feared lost. However, last week the adult
female returned without her mate."

Nice image,  Patrick Leary