-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Goodman
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: course titles for developmental courses

Greetings,

We are considering some course title changes that may be more supportive
of students taking developmental courses. In essence we would like to
find course titles that have a more positive connotation and that don't
label students in a negative way. It seems over the years there has been
a transition from remedial to developmental to college prep to?

I know that often you may have a course titled something like basic
English or fundamentals of English, prealgebra, etc.

I'd invite your suggestions and comments.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

browser to