16th Annual Conference

CALL TO CONFERENCE

April 5 - 9, 2008
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Dallas, TX

Live Large, Think Big:
Taking Tutoring to The Next Level
Dear Colleagues:

The National Tutoring Association (NTA) is a group of over 6500 individuals and organizations that are devoted to supporting students achieve success through tutoring.  Our membership includes anyone who is interested in tutoring, such as peer tutors, paraprofessional tutors, professional tutors, literacy volunteers, tutor trainers and administrators, and private tutors.  Our membership includes elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, colleges, universities, community programs, faith based programs, and NCLB providers.

The Officers, Board of Directors and Members of the National Tutoring Association invite you to attend our 16th Annual Conference. We ask you to join your colleagues in an exchange of ideas and expertise in tutoring. Concurrent sessions will cover topics including, but not limited to: recruiting, training, and retaining tutors; current trends in practice and research; use of technology; understanding the law; tutoring special populations; online tutoring; grant writing; learning preferences; improving tutorial leadership for directors and coordinators; conflict management; building and marketing private or community programs; basic nuts and bolts of tutoring; and motivating students.

In addition to educational and motivating concurrent sessions, we are proud to present an  incredible keynote speaker lineup for 2008 which includes Dr. Gregory Sawyer, Dr. Shari Sweetnam, Carole Richards, Carol Carter, and our very special guest speaker, Dr. Ana "Cha" Guzman.  One of the nation's foremost Hispanic educators, Dr. Ana Margarita "Cha" Guzmán served as senior advisor to the Secretary of Education during the second term of the Clinton Administration. This Cuban native has been in educational administration for more than 15 years and is a leading voice for Hispanic Americans in education.

Full conference details, registration information, and concurrent session proposal information are available on our website (www.ntatutor.org), or feel free to contact us via our e-mail address ([log in to unmask]). We look forward to seeing you in Dallas!